Goodbye











It's easy to get caught up in the moment, especially when you're having the time of your life. You forget what comes after, the part where you have to leave and go back home. What hurts the most is knowing you won't get to feel the same way again anytime soon.

He wasn't happy when he learned that I still lived so far away. What had separated us before would separate us again. He yelled at me and told me to get out. I knew he was just hurting. It had been fun bumping into him and reliving the past, but now I'm thinking it was a mistake.

I tried compromising, suggesting that we could keep in touch and take the long train ride more often, but he wouldn't hear of it. Leaving him behind for the second time hurt a lot more than it did the first. I wanted to stay, but I had a job with responsibilities back home and we weren't kids anymore.